The Website is operated by Habchi & Chalhoub WLL, trading as CHANEL, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the State of Kuwait, with Commercial Registration No. 22814, having its registered address at Qibla, Block 13, Mohamed Thunyan Al Ghanim Street, Plot 900002, Floor 1, Office 107, Salhiya Mall Kuwait, P.O. Box 21074, Safat 13071, Kuwait ("CHANEL", "us", "we", "our").
CHANEL highly cares about your privacy and data protection. We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Thus, we value each of our existing or prospective client and aim at maintaining appropriate protection of your personal data (“Data”).
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your Data?
The CHANEL Platforms and related data processing are operated/carried out by or on behalf of the respective CHANEL entity as set out here. Such CHANEL entity may further share information with its affiliates in accordance with the safeguards foreseen in this policy (see Section 5 below). Any online sales on the e-commerce section of the website are made by the respective CHANEL entity as set out in the applicable Terms of Sales.
If you want to contact CHANEL or its Global Data Protection Office, please see under “10. How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries” below.
2. What Data do we collect and how?
The specific type and scope of Data we collect about you depend on your activity on, and interaction with, the Platforms (e.g., whether you only browse through our Platforms or purchase a product or subscribe to our marketing communication) as well as the country in which you use the Platforms. The following Data may be collected through our Platforms :
a) Information collected when you use the CHANEL Platforms for informative purposes only
• Information relating to your website use (“Log Data”) :
When you use our Platforms for informative purposes only (e.g., you do not register on, purchase via or otherwise submit your Data through the website), your internet browser automatically collects, and transfers to us, certain basic information relating to your website use. Such Log Data may include :
o your browser type and version,
o your operating system and interface,
o used device,
o language preference,
o the website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL),
o webpage(s) you are visiting on our Platforms,
o date and time of your visit,
o part of your internet protocol (IP) address,
o your actions taken on the Platforms, and
o the name of your access provider.
• Information processed by external social media providers ("Social Media Data"):
Our Platforms contain share buttons that enable you to share CHANEL content with your friends through third party media platforms and /or social networks (such as Facebook and Instagram, "External Platforms"). The mere use of our Platforms does generally not involve data processing activities (including data transfers) in relation to the External Platforms. However, when you use the share button, these External Platforms may collect and otherwise process personal data about you.
For more information about the scope and purposes of the data processed by the External Platform provider, including your rights and setting option to protect your privacy, please see the privacy notice of the respective External Platform provider.
• Information processed through cookies (“Cookie Data”) :
• Information on parties to fight counterfeiting (“Anti-Counterfeit Data”) :
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, CHANEL has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate our rights in the context of the Platforms. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. We collect the following Anti-Counterfeit Data :
o identification information
o postal address
o information related to any electronic means used for counterfeit activities
o judiciary information related to proceedings
In addition, CHANEL periodically reviews social media sites and other online platforms to detect unauthorised sellers of CHANEL products. Some Data are collected from public sources (such as third parties websites).
b) Information collected when you purchase a CHANEL product (“Purchase Data”)
If you purchase a CHANEL product through our Platforms, we will collect Data through the purchase form to process the purchase order.
c) Information collected if and when you subscribe to the CHANEL newsletter or other marketing communication (“Marketing Data”)
If you subscribe to our newsletter or other marketing communication via the Platforms in order to receive information on CHANEL collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events, we will collect Marketing Data through the Newsletter subscription form.
d) Information collected when you otherwise interact with us via the Platforms (“Request Data”)
• The Platforms enable you or facilitate to get in touch with us, including to exercise your rights under Section 8 (as applicable), or share your opinion on CHANEL products and services in many other ways than described above, e.g., via e-mail, telephone, letter or a data subject access request. The collection of Data depends on how you interact with us and what information you provide us with. If you contact us via the contact us form available on the Platforms, we collect the following Data:
o area of interest,
o topic/ purpose of the contact,
o title / gender,
o name (first name and surname),
o email address,
o delivery information (e.g. postal address, phone number), and
o the content of your query or responses to surveys and questionnaires provided to us.
• If you contact us to exercise your data subject rights (as applicable), we usually collect the following Data, depending on how you address the data subject rights request :
o type of relationship with CHANEL (e.g., customer, employee or other),
o name (first name and surname),
o type of request (e.g. rectification or deletion request),
o contact details,
o country of residence,
o further request details necessary to process your request (e.g. identification details), and
o the content of your request provided to us.
• If you make a service request (e.g., repair order, booking or warranty claim), we may collect the following Data :
o title / gender,
o name (first name and surname),
o contact details,
o product purchased,
o date of purchase, and
o further details relevant to address your request.
e) Information collected about you from third party partners
From time to time we may collect Data about you from third party partners (in order to enrich our data sets) or instruct such third party partners to provide their own Data about you to external platforms (“Third Party Data”) in order to provide you with tailored information about our products, services and events on external platforms or via such third parties.
Important General Notice : When we collect personal data through forms, including but not limited to electronic forms, we will indicate the mandatory fields via asterisks. Failure to provide the data marked with an asterisk could prevent you from accessing our products and / or services. While submitting any Data, including multimedia content (photographs, videos etc.), please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any sensitive Data such as health information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, information on racial or ethnic origin, nor any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts), unless this is required in exceptional cases (e.g. to report allergies).
3. Why do we collect and process your Data and how do we justify the processing of your Data?
If you visit us on CHANEL Platforms from Saudi Arabia, each processing of your Data is based on your consent or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, or performance of our contractual or legal obligations not on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest.
If you are an existing or prospective client of, or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms, we may use your Data for the following purposes (“Processing Purposes”) :
• enable you to browse through our Platforms and to use your personal online account (“Platform-related Purposes),
• enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center, in our “Contact us” section for instance (“Request-related Purposes”),
• enable you to purchase CHANEL products through our Platforms, in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale (“Purchase-related Purposes”),
• enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services on our CHANEL products (“After Sales-related Purposes”)
• respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the protection of our distribution networks, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud, the fight against counterfeit and processing your data subject rights requests (“Regulatory-related Purposes”),
• collect your opinion on our CHANEL products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires (“Product Improvement-related Purposes”),
• establish statistics, financial and commercial studies (“Studies-related Purposes”),
• keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you our CHANEL communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS, MMS and Messengers and third-party media platforms; “Marketing-related Purposes”),
• improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes (“Preference-related Purposes”),
4. How do we justify the processing of your data?
Each processing of your Data is legally based on your consent, the necessity to carry out a contract with you, a legal obligation and / or our overriding legitimate interest depending on the purpose of the processing.
• Details of the legal basis justifying the data processing are set out here.
5. To whom could we disclose your data?
Within the CHANEL Organization:
To the extent permitted by law and taking into account the protection of your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your Data, your Data will only be accessible to a limited and defined number of recipients within the global CHANEL entities. We may transfer your Data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event. In case of a merger or sale, your Data will be permanently transferred to the successor company.
Anti-Counterfeit Data will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. You can find a list of the relevant CHANEL entities here.
If you are an existing or prospective client of CHANEL or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms, only the CHANEL employees within the CHANEL Organization that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your Data.
Third Parties outside of the CHANEL Organization
We may in limited cases transfer your Data to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g. tax authorities), courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law and to external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), all acting as controllers. In this context CHANEL may also have to transfer your Data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Service providers (within and outside CHANEL)
Your Data will generally not be disclosed to recipients outside the CHANEL organization. In some cases, however, CHANEL makes use of external service providers acting on behalf of CHANEL on the basis of contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your Data to service providers or suppliers (this may include other CHANEL group companies) as part of our normal business operations to carry out certain IT-related tasks and who assist us in operating our Platforms, conducting our business, servicing you or protecting the security and integrity of our business (including IT maintenance, security and support service provider, hosting provider, payment provider, marketing and advertising partners, mailing or emailing services or customer care center).
6. International data flows?
Data disclosure as set out in Section 5 above may involve a transfer of your Data to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection. Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross-border transfer of your Data.
• Any Data transfers outside your country that do not provide an adequate level of data protection will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses;
• Data transfers among CHANEL entities will ultimately be covered by the IGTA.
• The transfer of Data may also be based on your prior consent. Please note that, if you are an European Union or UK citizen, such a transfer may include possible risks if the country where your data is transferred to has not been recognized by European Union or UK authorities as granting sufficient data protection level (absence of an adequacy decision) and appropriate safeguards.
You may receive relevant portions of the aforementioned documents upon request as required by applicable law.
7. For how long do we keep your data?
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services. Your purchase Data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our services or goods as required or permitted by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so and in any case.
For any product sold on our website, we may keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice. Your Data will be retained as long as required by applicable local law or to the extent we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so. Please note that the storage period provided by legislation may vary per country.
8. What are your rights?
You may have the following rights to the extent and as provided by the law applicable to you which you can exercise through the contact details provided in Section 10:
• A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your Data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such Data and obtain a copy thereof.
• A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of your Data. You also have the right to have incomplete Data completed.
• A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your Data. However, this is not an absolute right and CHANEL may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such Data.
• A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Data.
• A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your Data which you have provided to CHANEL, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those Data to another controller without hindrance from CHANEL. This right only applies when the processing of your Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
• A right to object to processing: you have the right to object to processing of your Data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of CHANEL. CHANEL may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for marketing purposes.
To unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” you may also use the above channels or simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter.
9. What cookies do we use and can you object such use?
Cookies are pieces of information that any website or other Platforms may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
When you use the Platforms, we send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Platforms. Your web browser may provide you with some options regarding cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via the Platforms to their fullest potential. We use third-party cookies in connection with the services provided via the Platforms as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. We do not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Platforms or use the services provided via our Platforms.
i. personalize our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms, such as remembering your Data so that you will not have to re-enter it during your use of, or the next time you use, our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms;
ii. provide customized advertisements, content, and information adapted to your profile;
iii. monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms and third-party marketing activities adapted to your profile;
iv. monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
v. track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities offered through our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms (services adapted to your profile). For example, this may help us to monitor the rates of emails opened. Tracking technology also helps us manage and improve the usability of the Platforms, (i) detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and (ii) to identify the most popular sections of the Platforms.
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to directly identify you.
Depending on the local version of the Platform you are using, this Cookies Settings, may provide you additional information about the cookies used by Chanel as well as specific consent settings if you do not wish CHANEL to use all or part of the above-mentioned cookies.
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately. For more information, please click here.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your user experience and may prevent you from using parts of our Platforms or services.
10. How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries?
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department as indicated below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail and any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
• by mail: Chanel Limited1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL, Attn: head of Data Privacy
• by email: email@example.com;
• by addressing it to our CHANEL boutiques or other points of sale.
Please click here to access all local contact numbers or exercise your rights.
For any Applicant Data for your application to our “Careers” section, please click here to access all local contact email addresses.
Global Data Protection Office
1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL
Attn: head of Data Privacy
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org